(often referred to as Animal Assisted Activity/Therapy)
People with great pets (companion animals) often want to share them with others in need of emotional support.
- Children who are grieving the loss of someone special
- Children who need a non-judgmental listener as they read so they can improve their reading skills (literacy)
- Children in schools who need to know how to prevent dog bites or care for pets responsibly
- Children in hospitals who feel afraid and displaced
- Seniors who enjoy the physical affection and social interaction of pets; adults and children in physical or speech rehabilitation; and
- Soldiers with physical and emotional traumas who have served their country.
Paws and Think offers basic and advanced classes for prospective teams; evaluates teams for visitation and therapy; links teams with Delta Evaluators for Delta Certification (as desired); and schedules visits with the venues who request our services.
If you are interested in volunteering your time (along with your pet) for one of the Animal Assisted Activity/Therapy programs, please visit the AAAT Classes, Evaluation and Application page.